Jérôme Marant wrote:
Le mardi 24 octobre 2006 13:30, Davide Viti a écrit :

Whenever you change something, you regenerate th udeb then the mini iso
and boot it, right?

yes

FYI, I sent a message to the directfb ML:

http://mail.directfb.org/pipermail/directfb-dev/2006-October/002394.html

Since I can't use dead keys with i386 either , i used this version so I
can switch to a VT at least.

I got the following error after trying to use dead keys:
DirectFB/FBDev: Panning display failed! --> Invalid argument

Google does not give any concrete answers but bug reports.

BTW, I think it does not matter if directfb makes use of MEDIUMRAW mode.
What matters is how gdk-directfb converts it to UTF-8.

Yesterday, talking with fjp, we noticed that the AltGr-o key combination correctly produces an "o+^" character, which is something correct

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ zcat /usr/share/keymaps/i386/azerty/fr-latin9.kmap.gz |more
# Copyright (c) 1997, 1998 Guylhem Aznar <guylhem @ oeil.qc.ca> : GPL
# Copyright (c) 1997 Pierre-Charles David <pcdavid @ club-internet.fr>
#
# Les accents circonflexes des principales voyelles sont obtenus avec
# la touche Alt_Gr, les trémas sont obtenus par Alt_Gr + Shift.

Jerome, could you please test if AltGr-o under fr-latin9 produces a "o+^" letter with your keyboard too ?

cheers

Attilio