On Dec 9, 2006, at 12:15 PM, Frans Pop wrote:

Hi Rick,

On Saturday 09 December 2006 07:49, Rick Thomas wrote:
Curiously enough, the netinst CD does appear to have the missing
file...

Seems to me like the message is not about the presence of the file itself
but rather that it is not listed _inside_ the file
/cdrom/dists/etch/Release.

Could you send us that file?

Here it is...

Presumably, the equivalent file on a "businesscard" install is coming from the mirror, not the CD? So you're not interested in what's on the businesscard CD in that place? Please let me know if you need that too.

For what it's worth, this also happened about a week ago, but I figured it was a transient error and didn't report it then. I've been out of town for the intervening time. But now I'm back and ready to pursue the issue. Etch obviously can't release until this is diagnosed and fixed.

Rick