Package: debian-installer
Version: 20061102

[ This is a feature request based on a test install I did quite some time ago
on Openwall Linux. ]

The installation system developed for Open Wall Linux [1]  (and open source)
makes use of pam_passwdqc to force the users to setup strong passwords (i.e.
not dictionary based and not password = username) in the installation system
itself.

Internet-exposed systems get compromised because of insecure passwords that
get expose through SSH dictionary attacks and that many Debian users will end
up with a SSH system installed.

Consequently, I think it would be a nice feature to add to the installer.

Regards

Javier

[1] http://www.openwall.com/Owl/