Hi Marco

On 2/10/07, Gordon Farquharson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 1/18/07, Martin Michlmayr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Well, I still believe this is a problem with udev.  CCing Marco.

I just tested a patch [1,2] that was applied to udev to fix the
network interface renaming code to see if it would solve this bug, but
no luck. The USB ethernet adapter is still (most often) renamed
eth1_rename despite the rule to name it eth0 in
/etc/udev/rules.d/z25_persistent-net.rules.

Gordon

[1]
http://git.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/hotplug/udev.git;a=commitdiff;h=ca714ef70e549aad486a62f4d6ef849572e3a7f1
[2] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-hotplug-devel&m=116956926523008&w=2