On Tuesday 20 February 2007 10:42, David Härdeman wrote:
> On Tue, February 20, 2007 9:35, Joey Hess said:
> Doesn't rootskel already contain code to timeout at the "Please remove
> boot floppy and insert root floppy" prompt for much the same reasons as
> this bug requests a timeout for syslinux?

No. That is not the same.
The initial boot for floppy installations does not have a timeout, same as
for CD. It is only during the switch from boot floppy to root floppy that
we implemented the timeout, and then only for the reason that it was
impossible to include USB (keyboard) support on the boot floppy due to
size constraints.

So, this is _after_ the installer has already been booted and the kernel
has already been loaded.

> If so, either syslinux or rootskel should be changed so that the
> behaviour is consistent.

It is consistent.