Now I'm considering moving a lot of stuff around. CCing boot since this
is expanding beyond just one package.

Rather than have two or three clock-related things on the menu, I
propose we have one clock-setup menu item, that runs after netcfg. This
would include both calling tzsetup, as well as using rdate. tzsetup
would stop being a menu item, and would be called from clock-setup's
postinst (or merged into clock-setup, whatever works best).

That leaves the stuff that's in clock-setup now -- the clock-setup/utc
question. This has to come after partitioning, and if it's not a menu
item, where to run it? I propose moving the question to the
finish-install hook that actually modifies the config files for non-UTC
systems. Most of the time users won't see the question at all, and
putting it here, users with dual-boot systems will have just dealt with
that in bootloader configuration, so it's natural that another question
about multi-OS stuff comes here.

Looking at the menu layout, that leaves user-setup as the only normally
interactive thing between partman formatting the disks and apt-setup
running at the end of base-installer. user-setup has no dependencies, so
it can be moved out of that location. I suggest moving it to run just
before apt-setup.

In summary, here's how the menu-item-numbers would look:

1000 -> 3000 Preparation and installer setup
1000 localechooser
1100 load-floppy
1200 kbd-chooser
1300 iso-scan
     cdrom-detect
1400 file-preseed
1600 load-iso
     load-cdrom
1700 ethdetect
     ppp-udeb
     s390-netdevice (s390)
1800 netcfg
     netcfg-static
1900 auto-install
2100 network-preseed
     network-console
2200 ai-choosers
2300 choose-mirror
     download-installer
2500 lowmem
2600 clock-setup

3000 -> 4000 Disk detection & etc
3500 disk-detect (!s390)
3700 s390-dasd (s390)

4000 -> 5000 Disk preparation
4200 partman (as default partitioner)
4300 partitioner (m68k, mips, s390)
4400 lvmcfg
4400 partman (mips)
4500 partconf (m68k, mips, s390)
4500 mdconfig
4700 evms
4900 partman (as non-default partitioner [s390])
5000 autopartkit

6000 -> 8000 Base installation and completion of install
6500 base-installer
6900 user-setup
7000 apt-setup
     pkgsel
7300 palo-installer (hppa)
     grub-installer (i386)
     yaboot-installer (powerpc/powermac_newworld, powerpc/chrp*)
     quik-installer (powerpc/powermac_oldworld)
     zipl-installer (s390)
     arcboot-installer (mips)
     delo-installer (mipsel)
     silo-installer (sparc)