reassign 464023 installation-reports
thanks

> Symptom
>   I insert Debian(Lenny) CD 1 in CD-ROM  Power on
>   ...  Installing the base system
>   Set up users and passwords
>   Configure the package manager    Scan another CD or DVD?
>     No  <-- this
>   Use a network mirror
>   Proxy setup
>   files copying...and installer require CD 1 continually....and stuck
> ( despite CD 1 is still in CD-ROM ) ps: CD,DVD same symptom
> My solution
> ...  Configure the package manager
> Scan another CD or DVD?
> exchange with CD 2 <-- this
> Yes    <-- this
> Scan another CD or DVD?
> exchange with CD 1 <-- this
> No     <-- this
> Use a network mirror
>   Proxy setup
>   files copying...and installer don't require CD 1
>   setup complete.
> why I can't install Debian(Lenny) with only CD 1?

I have just done an installation myself using only CD 1.
My answers during apt-setup were:
- Scan another CD or DVD?  No
- Use a network mirror?  No
I did use a security mirror (as that is the default).

During pkgsel ("Select and install software") I selected the Desktop task
and the Standard task.

The only problem that I did encounter was that the installation got stuck on
the installation ssl-cert, but that is a known issue that is unrelated to
the installer itself and should be fixed soon.
Other than that the installation worked perfectly using only CD 1.

If your problem is different, please try to reproduce it and use the
option "Save debug logs" in the main menu of the installer and send us the
following files for the installation (gzipped!):
- /var/log/syslog
- /var/log/hardware-summary

In what language did you do the installation? Maybe that could make a
difference.

Cheers,
FJP

P.S. Please make sure your mails contain correct line endings!
As you can see in http://bugs.debian.org/464023, your report was garbled.