Your message dated Fri, 21 Mar 2008 19:05:05 -0300
with message-id <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
has caused the   report #243024,
regarding Unable to modify disks on a machine with Mylex Acceleraid 170 RAID
controller (DAC960 controller).  This is because of the unusual partition
scheme used by the driver: the first logical disk is /dev/rd/c0d0 and the
partitions are /dev/rd/c0d0p1,  /dev/rd/c0d0p2, etc.  Howerver parted expects
the naming scheme to be the usual for devfs (../disc, ../part1, ../part2, and
so on).  As a result partman attempts to mount/format unexisting devices.  I do
not know how to fix this.  In my opinion this is not a bug in parted but in the
DAC960 driver.
to be marked as having been forwarded to the upstream software
author(s)

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]
immediately.)

--
243024: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=243024
Debian Bug Tracking System