Hi Julien,

(I have not read the gory details :-)

On Sunday 25 May 2008, Julien BLACHE wrote:
> Now that we have a working rEFIt, I'd like to have some support for
> that in d-i. Looking into this issue, I came to the conclusion that
> what is really needed is a d-i install medium for i386 & amd64
> machines.
>
> What is the status on that? Are there any plans or any work in
> progress towards providing an EFI bootable medium, similar to the ia64
> install medium?

There is an open BR against debian-cd to support EFI for i386/amd64 CD
images (#455914). Help to implement that is very much needed.

What other types of images are you thinking of? Could EFI support be added
to existing images or do we really need additional images?

I don't see any objection to providing images that support EFI, but I doubt
anyone on the D-I team will do the actual implementation.
As always: patches are welcome and we can offer help with finding the right
places to make needed changes.

Cheers,
FJP