Hi Tino,
On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 06:52:40PM +0200, Tino Keitel wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 18:45:11 +0200, Guido Günther wrote:
> > Hi Tino,
> > On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 05:32:49PM +0200, Tino Keitel wrote:
> 
> [...]
> 
> > > Thanks. I think this NEWS entry should be rephrased. It mentions
> > > scripts to setup the network interface, but I don't use scripts. I just
> > > put the network configuration into the XML file used by libvirtd.
> > > That's why I didn't pay attention to the NEWS entry.
> > Any suggestion on howto rephrase this so that it would have cached your
> > attention?
> 
> In my case, I used a VM which provided network connectivity via tap
> devices.  I don't know what exact operation causes the error.  To me it
> looks like the creation of the tap interface was the culprit.  However,
> I have not enough knowledge about libvirt to make general statement
> about things that should be mentioned in the NEWs file regarding this.
Rereading this could you please attach the full XML of the guest not
starting? Looking at the network config you're using a network interface
of type "network" not "ethernet" as I'd expected. Could you also attach
the XML of your network configuraitons (virsh net-dumpxml <network>)?
 -- Guido



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [email protected]
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [email protected]

Reply via email to