Philip Charles wrote:

>On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Eduard Bloch wrote:
>
>>Phil Blundell wrote on Fri Mar 01, 2002 um 12:23:12PM:
>>
>>A good compromise. I suggest two kinds of flags on the CD-ROM:
>>
>>.disk/kernel_installable
>>.disk/base_installable
>>
>>The first marks the disk containing kernel and modules, the second the
>>one with the basedebs.

I am interested in this thread because I do many Debian installs
sometimes several a day.  My experience is not enough that I have been
able to make my own custom boot cd.  So I would like a lot less dialog
boxes.  However I am unable to say what should be removed.  Maybe if
there was a list right at first allowing me to choose weather I wanted
default settings for partions, networking, etc.  Or if I wanted to
customize.  because that is basically all mandarke does at each step is
ask if you want it auto configured or not.

I know I don't need all the dialogue boxes but my case is pretty
specialized and maybe I should just learn how to write my own install
program.  But I would be glad to help anybody working on reducing the
number of dialog boxes during the install.