Quoting Steve McIntyre:
> >About 1/5th of the sarge businesscard image, and a fair bit of the
> >netinst iso are taken up by the Contents-i386.gz files. I propose that
> >these be dropped from these smaller images. As I understand it, the
>
> That makes obvious sense, yes.

Agreed. Comitted something that should do it.

> >I've also thought that it might be worthwhile to remove the
> >debian-keyring.tar.gz file (also 7 mb) from these images. However, I do
> >not really know how that file is intended to be used.
>
> I'm not sure myself. Maybe things like debsig-verify will use the
> keyring files in there to validate the signatures of the
> packages. Even so, on a small image I'd agree that's a lot of space to
> be taking up.

IIRC, that file has never been integrated explicititely. It's just that
we include everything from the "doc" directory on the mirror. So we
can safely remove it.

I committed changes to remove that file (on all kind of CD).

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog -+- http://www.ouaza.com
Earn money with free software: http://www.geniustrader.org