On 9/5/19 4:33 PM, Sébastien Villemot wrote:
> Le jeudi 05 septembre 2019 à 15:44 +0200, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz a écrit :
>> On 9/5/19 3:38 PM, Sébastien Villemot wrote:
>>> I have recently tried to bootstrap both ppc64el and riscv64, but it
>>> failed in both cases. The support for those architectures is still
>>> experimental, and obviously not yet ready for inclusion in Debian.
>>>
>>> I did not try the other (non-release) archs.
>>
>> Do you have a documentation somewhere which explains how sbcl is bootstapped?
>
> For bootstrapping, it is as simple as running:
>
> BOOTSTRAPLISP=clisp debian/rules binary
>
> (or with ecl instead of clisp).

Okay. Tryring this for alpha and hppa now. It seems for ppc64 and ppc64el,
we need more patches from upstream after 1.5.6 which fixed several bugs
on ppc64/ppc64el.

> The instructions for cross-building (involving either two machines or a
> foreign-architecture qemu-based chroot), are given in the comments of
> "make.sh".

Okay. It would be nice if we could incorporate that into the debian/rules
file so that the Debian package can be simply cross-built. This will also
make Helmut Grohne happy ;).

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz