Eugene Zhukov <jevgeni...@gmail.com> writes:

> The frequency of comments sometimes reflects poor quality of code.  When
> you feel compelled to add a comment, consider rewriting the code to make
> it clearer.

That would indeed be a succinct statement of the other perspective on code
comments, which as mentioned in my original message is a perspective that
I understand but disagree with.  :)

The fact that this is disputed and to some degree a matter of style is a
large part of why I mentioned that I don't consider this difference
decisive.

That said, I really do recommend upstart as an example of a nicely-written
and readable code base, although that's partly because much of it is
written the way I would have written that code.

--
Russ Allbery (r...@debian.org)               <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>