Cory <opensourcesoftwaredevelo...@gmail.com> writes:

> If Debian go's with systemd they need to use systemd 207 as its
> supported in RHEL 7 so we know it's going to be supported for around 10
> years also why does Debian have systemd 204 in it's repos?? systemd 207
> is way better

Because it's the last version before cgroup handling was changed, which
has implications for supporting logind under different init systems than
systemd.  So, in other words, moving systemd forward right now would force
various incompatibilities in an excessively disruptive way before we've
figured out how we want to handle them.

Regardless of how we decide this, we'll be figuring out how systemd could
move forward with newer versions, but it's wrapped up with the broader
discussion.

--
Russ Allbery (r...@debian.org)               <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>