Regarding #184770: Request leaving "shadows" of reassigned bugs

The motivation for the existence and solution of this bug seems clear,
and I think its possible to implement it now, in terms of bug
blocking.

I propose a new BTS command "shadow" (call it what you like), the
syntax of which could be

  shadow <bugnum> <package>

This command could be implemented as a "macro" which does the following:

  clone <bugnum> -1
  reassign -1 <package>
  block <bugnum> by -1
  owner -1 <bugnum>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  retitle -1 $subject=~s/^<original_package>:/<package>:/
  thanks

So, <bugnum> will still appear on the bugs page for the original
package, possibly in a separate section "Blocked bugs" (I don't know
anything about these new fangled usertags and sorting parameters yet).

When the cloned bug is closed, the owner (now <bugnum>[EMAIL PROTECTED])
will get a copy, closing the bug, and causing it to no longer be
displayed on the package page.  The original submitter will get a
close notification, though perhaps they will have to read the log for
it to make sense, because of the retitle..

Maybe this scheme could be made more elaborate/sophisticated, but I
don't see any reason why this can't work.

Commentses?

--
Clear skies,
Justin

PS. Daniel, you might consider updating all of your bugs which have
your PSU address, if that address is no longer active (donno if it
is).