Will Lowe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Given that this comes up so often, is there a reason not to add an
> option to update-rc.d that does this?  The problem here is that
> "remove" sounds like "disable this".
>
> I'm thinking have "update-rc.d -f foo disable" do the same thing as
> "update-rc.d -f foo remove && update-rc.d foo stop stop 0", and
> clearly document this in the manual page, so that sysadmins can do
> what they think they're doing when they use "remove".

A very good idea, but Bug #67095 is unfortunately tagged "wontfix".
He suggested using sysv-rc-conf, but then I have to install additional
packages libcurses-perl, libcurses-ui-perl and libterm-readkey-perl which I
didn't used before.
That's not my understanding of "one task, one tool".

Kindly regards,
Erik

--
 Bitte keine HTML-E-Mails! No HTML mails, please! Limit: 100 kB *