Hi,

from time to time people mentions some nifty tools (mostly scripts?)
to search for info about packages and similar.  Eg the citation
below.  Is there some list/collection/etc of such utilities?  Or for
other usefull things like `apt-cache search <string>', which can be
found in the manuals but is a bit tricky to find?

I couldn't find an easy way to find the biggest packages installed so
I hacked a script, but I suppose lots of these things are really done,
just I can't find it.

/Micce

    mem> [4 ysabell:~] grep-available -s Package,Maintainer -P aterm
    mem> Package: aterm-ml
    mem> Maintainer: Jordi Mallach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

--
Mikael Hedin, MSc                   +46 (0)980 79176
Swedish Institute of Space Physics  +46 (0)980 73547 (home)