Package: modules
Version: 2.0.0-8

(Note that I wrote this report regarding 2.0.0-2.  As I fix the
problem when I notice it, it could concievably have been fixed,
but looking at /var/lib/dpkg/info/modules.conffiles (I think) it
appears to not be.)

The modules packages contains a file /sbin/request-route.  This is run by
the kernel to create routes as needed.

The script's comments suggest is it very configurable, and I usually
configure it heavily .. however it is written over whenever I install a new
version of the package it is in (dpkg -S shows it as modules).

I propose this file be a conffile, and that the user be prompted to replace
it or not.

Thanks.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]/GNU__1.1___Linux__2.0.12___
We believe that after death comes The Nothing because when you
ask the dead what happens they say Nothing.  If death is not the
end, if the dead have lied, then it's compulsory heaven for all
excepting perhaps Hitler, Stalin and Genghis Kahn.
                                -- Steve Turner, "Creed"