> Hi there
>
>  I dont find any packge that supports iso 8859-6
>  -- that is arabic fonts .

[05:09:10 tmp]$ grep-available -PX xfonts-intl-arabic
Package: xfonts-intl-arabic
Section: x11
Installed-Size: 62
Maintainer: Milan Zamazal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Architecture: all
Source: intlfonts
Version: 1.2-2
Replaces: intlfonts-arabic
Depends: xutils (>= 4.0.2)
Suggests: xfs | xserver
Conflicts: intlfonts-arabic
Filename: pool/main/i/intlfonts/xfonts-intl-arabic_1.2-2_all.deb
Size: 17322
MD5sum: c0142cdaa2f4485c1070e9a5d064407f
 This package includes some Arabic fonts (digits and single and double
 column).

[05:09:39 tmp]$

>  Do you need some arabic people to participate
>
>  in arabic fonts  project ? It would be my pleasure .
>
>   Im from Kuwait and arabic is my mother tongue .

Please note that in general Linux distros have problems with Arabic that are
much severe then the fonts issue:
The right to left (RTL) direction and the changing of the font according to
context (or something similar) are way from being solved, especially, but not
limited to, text consoles. And these are far difficult problems then one might
think at first look.

Hopefully you will find interest in the [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing
list.
Although it is administrated by an Israeli volunteers, it does have
participants from other countries. And this is because the RTL problem is
shared among Arabic and Hebrew.