Il dom, 2002-04-07 alle 21:34, Martin Schulze ha scritto:
> Aurelien Jarno wrote:

> > The GNU FDL violates the DFSG ?
>
> I thought that it hasn't been finally resolved if the GNU FDL meets
> the DFSG or not.  However, there seemed to be consensus on documents
> released under the GFDL with large sections marked invariant are
> probably not DFSG-compliant, but documents with small, off-topic
> parts are.  Check the archive of debian-legal.

i can be wrong but the new fdl specifies that invariant sections should
be off-topic.

--8<----
A "Secondary Section" is a named appendix or a front-matter section of
the Document that deals exclusively with the relationship of the
publishers or authors of the Document to the Document's overall subject
(or to related matters) and contains nothing that could fall directly
within that overall subject. (For example, if the Document is in part a
textbook of mathematics, a Secondary Section may not explain any
mathematics.) The relationship could be a matter of historical
connection with the subject or with related matters, or of legal,
commercial, philosophical, ethical or political position regarding them.

The "Invariant Sections" are certain Secondary Sections whose titles are
designated, as being those of Invariant Sections, in the notice that
says that the Document is released under this License.
--------

--
Federico Di Gregorio
Debian GNU/Linux Developer & Italian Press Contact        [EMAIL PROTECTED]