Package: wnpp
Version: N/A; reported 2002-08-24
Severity: wishlist

* Package name    : metacity-themes
  Description     : Themes for the Gtk2 metacity window manager

 This collection of themes for the metacity window manager has been carefully
 compiled from a number of sources. Each one is publically available under a
 license which complies with the Debian free software guidelines, most commonly
 the GPL license. The themes have been individually checked to ensure that they
 are all of high quality: they have a consistent design; include high quality
 graphics; and handle all types of window.
 .
 The themes have primarily been gathered from http://themes.freshmeat.net and
 http://sunshineinabag.co.uk. I would like to hear suggestion for other high
 quality themes to be included, however please be sure to read the
 /usr/share/doc/metacity-themes/README.Debian file first, as it documents
reasons why a
 number of themes were not included.

Initial packages for this are available at
http://tildemh.com/tmp/metacity-themes/
The package currently only includes three groups of themes - partially
due to the recent changes in the way themes are done in metacity.

I am not yet a Debian developer; I am at the 'waiting for an AM' stage
of the NM process. So, if anyone's listening who has an interest in themes
or metacity, please volunteer to sponsor this package.