Hi,

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 08:35:03PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

>  Branden> It's been said that self-censorship is the worst form of
>  Branden> censorship.  I guess that isn't the case when we're asking
>  Branden> other people to practice it.
>
>       Is politeness self censorship, then? (that is a pretty damning
>  admission, and one I would have hesitated in levelling against you).

Self restraint by a free choice, made by your complete being, to refrain
from doing something is not what I'd consider self censorship. It's an
ethical concept, and I'm sure the Bhagavat Ghita (Dutch transliteration)
talks a lot about it in connection to Dharma.

Self censorship is if one side of you is compelled to say something
whereas another part of you forbids it.

Cheers,

Emile.

--
E-Advies / Emile van Bergen   |   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel. +31 (0)70 3906153        |   http://www.e-advies.info