* Jamin W. Collins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2003-07-21 18:52]:
> > Because the DAM hadn't had a chance to evaluate their application yet?
>
> He hasn't had a chance to review an application that's been waiting on
> him (not an AM or other, but DAM) for over a year?  I find that
> extremely laughable.

> Interesting, prior to this statement I hadn't seen anything to indicate
> that DAM alone could revoke an existing DDs account.

He's going to retire roughly 100 accounts of inactive maintainers
soon; it was also on -devel-announce.  There are other reasons for
revoking accounts, and indeed it has happened before.  Of course,
revoking accounts isn't too common.

> Perhaps that is because only the DPL can appoint them (as far as I can
> tell) and we haven't seen a request from you for them.

Request for help are usually very ineffective; examples: apt's
maintainer asked for help and didn't get any (with the exception that
mdz has started more apt work, but he worked on apt before so
effectively there are no new volunteers), Bdale is looking for a
co-maintainer of ntp as is md for mutt.

At the same time I observe that this thread has generated much hot
air, but I didn't see any proposal of who could act as DPL.

> I'm sorry, but db.d.o being down is really not an excuse for lack of
> updates and processing.  Sure it's down and accounts can't be made.
> That doesn't mean that processing has to stop dead.  Everything outside

And in fact processing hasn't stopped.  Just two days ago James
clarified an outstanding item with an applicant.

--
Martin Michlmayr
[EMAIL PROTECTED]