On 27 Aug 2003, Masato Taruishi wrote:

> On IRC, I was suggested that apt-listbugs should use index.db. I had to
> use debbugs .status file too because index.db doesn't have subject.
>
> apt-listbugs fetches just few static files from web server, two index
> files and .status files of actual critical bugs. So if 5 critical
> bugs are found, total 7 static files are downloaded. apt-listbugs
> can be used via normal proxy servers.

Requesting those files isn't itself causing load.  I just don't like that the
debbugs database is exported that way.

> apt-listbugs doesn't use querybts implicity. It's invoked by people. So
> I guess many cgi access is nothing to do with apt-listbugs.

No, but it gives users a stepping board to request those reports.  Previously,
there was no automated listing of bugs fixed, and no automated prompting to
allow users to see those bug reports.