Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

>On Sun, 31 Oct 2004, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
>

>The Azureus Java client does this, so yes, it is possible.  How bad this
>interacts with the scatter-gatter logic of BT, I don't know.  But the
>.torrent files would be huge, and they would need to be updated daily,
>which would break all torrents.  So, it is useless for unstable.

Most ISPs probably have caches for at least HTTP traffic. I would expect
that these would cache most of the debs, that is, if enough people are
downloading these packages.

BT doesn't make too much sense here. It is only useful for large files
that do not change often, like woody iso images.

- Adam

--
Building your applications one byte at a time
http://www.galacticasoftware.com