martin f krafft <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> also sprach Christian Surchi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2004.12.14.1643 +0100]:
> also sprach Steve Kemp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2004.12.14.1651 +0100]:
>> http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/expose/
>
> quote:
>   "Admit it, Mac OS X has you spoiled. Youâve become so used to its
>   reliability that you donât hesitate to have a dozen applications
>   running at the same time. Which means, of course, that you
>   probably spend a fair amount of time each day poking through open
>   windows and documents just to uncover the one you need at the
>   moment."
>
> Damn, and I run about 60 applications simultaneously and never lose
> overview with fluxbox or ion. I must be doing something wrong.

Probably a matter of taste. On Linux, I usually have multiple
workspaces, and therefore no problem finding the right window. Others
may prefer to have everything on a single workspace. IIRC in MacOSX you
have no choice, and there I liked the feature very much. But this also
depends on an other misfeature of MacOSX: If an application has multiple
windows open, you cannot cycle between them (at least not with the same
keystrokes used to cycle between applications). But you can use Expose
to get the right window.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank KÃster