On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 11:10:44PM -0500, Peter Samuelson wrote:

> [Brian Nelson]
> > * Package name    : qt-x11-opensource
> >   Version         : 4.0 beta 2
> >   Upstream Author : Trolltech AS
>
> Is there some reason for the "-opensource" in the name?

It's the upstream name.  For whatever reason, Trolltech has chosen
different names for each major release:

Qt1: qt
Qt2: qt-x11
Qt3: qt-x11-free
Qt4: qt-x11-opensource

Qt5 will probably be qt-x11-foss or qt-x11-freeasinspeech or something
equally annoying.

> That's a pretty redundant designation for something in Debian main,
> don't you think?  I'd probably go with "qt4" or "libqt4" or "qt4-x11"
> for the source package name.

I was thinking about naming it qt4-x11, but I'm not sure it's worth
deviating from upstream.

--
Society is never going to make any progress until we all learn to
pretend to like each other.