On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 15:09 +1000, Pascal Hakim wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 23:55 -0500, Peter Samuelson wrote:
> > [Pascal Hakim]
> > > The reason it hasn't been done so far is not related to any technical
> > > problem. There seems to be just as many people who do not want the
> > > mboxes to be available as people who do.
> >
> > Do these same people object to web archives of the lists?  I'm curious,
>
> Some do.

I've just read this again, after it was pointed out to me on IRC. That
was not quite what I meant to say. (A retraction! I should be a
politician!) I read in Peter's email what I wanted to read, rather than
what he had actually written.

I do not believe there's anyone who does not want any web archives of
the lists; no one has seriously suggested that to me. On the other hand,
there are a number of people who want lists.debian.org to provide only
mangled web archives. Whether this includes mangled headers or email
addresses, or simply missing messages depends on the request.

Pasc