also sprach Andreas Gredler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005.05.22.1052 +0200]:
> Now I was able to create my RAID without the -auto=yes option.

Good.

> brw-rw----  1 root disk 9,  2 May 22 10:31 /dev/md2
> brw-r--r--  1 root root 9, 20 May 22 10:31 /dev/md20
>
> I'm not sure why some devices are group root.

Only devices with minors up to and including 15 are created by
MAKEDEV. I have no idea where your other devices are coming from.
This should not be a problem though.

Nevertheless, are you using udev? If yes, then this *is* weird. If
not, then you can probably delete the device nodes /dev/md16 and up,
or chown/chmod them, depending on how many software RAID devices you
need.

> >   deb http://debian.madduck.net ~madduck/packages/nmu/mdadm/
> >   deb-src http://debian.madduck.net ~madduck/packages/nmu/mdadm/
>
> mdadm_1.9.0.orig.tar.gz is missing

fixed.

Thanks for your time!

 .''`.     martin f. krafft <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
`. `'`

the security, stability and reliability of a computer system
is reciprocally proportional to
the amount of vacuity between the ears of the admin.