On Monday 20 June 2005 18:20, Pierre Habouzit <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I know that, but it does not (IMHO) justify the use of greylising for
> everybody by default. I prefer to receive spam (and I do a lot through
> my @debian.org address, despite the fact that it's quite recent) that
> is filtered by my personnal bogofilter quite well (even if not 100%
> accurate) than to have some QOS alteration.

Bogofilter is something that we can't recommend to all users.  Most people are
not smart enough to use such filtering systems.  When I talk to people about
anti-spam measures most people who report using Bayesian systems tell me that
they "train" the filter with all mail listed as spam!!!  This indicates a
total lack of understanding of how the Bayesian systems work.  If it
accidentally classifies a legit message as spam the last thing you want is to
train the filter on that legit message and have it learn to stop other legit
mail!

Gray-listing is something that's difficult to screw up.