to, 2005-08-25 kello 09:35 +0200, Marc Chantreux kirjoitti:
> that is a point which surprise me : i understand the dash for a posix
> and lightweight attitude but why use bash as "modern shell" ? why not
> perl or zsh (which are both more powerfull) ?

I think it would be good for us to take pity on the sysadmins and avoid
forcing them to learn a multitude of scripting languages just to be able
to understand init.d scripts. At least when I do sysadmin work, I often
have to at least peek at the init.d scripts; for some reason, this
happens much less often with package maintainer scripts.