On 20 Mar 2006, Ritesh Raj Sarraf said this:

> So what do you people suggest in such cases:
> 1) Intel 1000MT NIC sucks, throw it away ?
> 2) Unh! Why don't you change to Debian Unstable ?
> 3) Buddy! We are all volunteers. Go and roll your own kernel with
>    the
> patches ?
> 4) Wait! That hardware isn't officially supported by us. Build only machines
> which are known to work with Debian Stable?

  5) Set up a site for backports where people can go to. You know, you
     don't have to be a DD to do that.

> I ended up going with point number 2. But really, next time I might
> think of another distribution before deployment.

        That is always a wise move -- you should always see what fits
 you best. No distribution is for everyone.

        manoj
--
It shall be unlawful for any suspicious person to be within the
municipality. Local ordinance, Euclid Ohio