Bastian Blank <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Sun, May 14, 2006 at 11:11:16PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
>> I have just uploaded gnucash 1.9.6,
>
> And you should've used pbuilder to check if it is buildable.

So I would love to use pbuilder on my fancy fast computer.  It runs
sarge.

So when I try to make a sid chroot on it, it blows chunks because it
wants to install a package that no longer exists in sid.  I can't even
see a way to say "don't bother installing package foo", which would
presumably be a perfectly sensible workaround.

The bug logs are not helpful; they amount to a more-or-less complacent
attitude that stable pbuilders will always have problems making
unstable chroots.  This is a disaster, and the solution for me is
*not* to go ahead and run unstable or backported software on a
critical server.

So, since you have some control over pbuilder and cdebootstrap, is
there a long-term solution here?  (Perhaps, just perhaps, cdebootstrap
might fetch from the archive the list of packages that it should
install, rather than a hard-coded list.)  But I don't really know, and
I had trouble getting a clear impression from the bug logs.

Pardon me if I've missed something obvious or misunderstood
something.

Thomas