On 14 Jun 2006, Steve Langasek outgrape:

> Just like there's no guarantee that saying "no" to a conffile prompt
> when upgrading across stable releases will give you a usable
> package.

        I prefer in that case not to install the new version of the
 package; since questions can be missed in a dist-upgrade.  Some of my
 packages default to not upgrading unless some questions are answered
 affirmatively -- so the end result is still a working package (as
 long as the dependencies still exist).

        manoj
--
Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important
stuff on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it ;) -- Linus