also sprach Josselin Mouette <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2006.08.02.2308 +0100]:
> Out of curiosity, what real-life uses does this tool have? Daemons don't
> need to be reniced, so there must be something else.

reniced /(g(cc|++)|c(c|++))/ 15

or whatever the syntax is. I often wanted to have such a feature on
public machines.

Of course, the problem is that gcc spawns many processes, and if
reniced only takes a little while to react to a new gcc process, the
children won't be reniced.

 .''`.     martin f. krafft <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
`. `'`

"i believe that the moment is near when by a procedure
 of active paranoiac thought, it will be possible
 to systematise confusion and contribute to
 the total discrediting of the world of reality."
                                                      -- salvador dali