I demand that Sam Morris may or may not have written...

> On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 12:26:25 -0500, Steve Greenland wrote:
>> That's all true, but if the standard requires (or recommends) MPEG4
>> support, then that's what everyone will use, and we'll be screwed,

> It's probably more accurate to say that no matter what the standard says,
> Microsoft will ignore it and only implement Windows Media formats, which
> everyone will use, and we'll be screwed. :(

Which basically means that it would be most sensible to have <video>
implemented such that it's just another external thing like <object> or
<embed> - we'd quite likely just continue to use whatever plugins we're
currently using.

| + Use more efficient products. Use less.          BE MORE ENERGY EFFICIENT.

I'd like to, but I have to study for a blood test.