On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 02:22:27PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Hamish Moffatt:
>
> > FWIW you can experiment quite easily using
> >
> > dpkg --compare-versions x lt y && echo Yes
>
> > Interestingly, "4.22.." is considered higher than "4.22.3". I'm not sure
> > if this is good advice though :-)
>
> It's also a good idea to check against APT's implementation when
> playing with strange version numbers (because it's not the same).  The
> python-apt package contains a wrapper (not yet another independent
> implementation):

Good idea. What about dak - does it have its own code too? And the BTS?

apt's code seems to think 4.22.. > 4.22.3 , Frank. It does look weird
though.

What's with having to call apt_pkg.init() manually? That's uncool. It
should be automatic. Simple in a pure Python package though I know nothing
about building binary modules for python.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt VK3SB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>