Joseph Neal <vlvtelvis <at> speakeasy.net> writes:

> There are a number of plugins available from the rarewares repository[1] and
> perhaps other third party repositories which provide the only convient way
> I'm aware of to access a number of media formats (bonk, wavepack, lossless
> audio, shorten, various DVD audio formats).  While I do not expect debian to
> support these packages, I do ask that the wider ecosystem be taken into
> consideration.

Audacious supports wavpack out of the box. I have an unofficial port of
bonk and shorten on my computer which I can package on request; and
there was at one time a port of xmms-ac3dec to Audacious, but it doesn't
work with the new plugin API.

At any rate, the ecosystem for Audacious is pretty much the same as it is
for XMMS.

William