> It might be helpful if you could summarise what packages are supposed to
> be doing here - this may even affect enough packages to warrant a mail
> to debian-devel-announce.  I don't recall ever seeing an announcement
> about this and I imagine that even among those maintainers who read this
> list there will be some who have only scanned the threads about inetd
> since they tend to get a bit bogged down in the details.

It would even be more helpful if this could be summarized *and* filed
as bugs with a clear suggestion of what should be done. I'm maybe a
little bit not awaken enough but I fail to understand what we are
supposed to do (I'm concerned as one of the samba package
maintainers....for which the relevant change was made by one of my
estimated co-maintainers, who I usually blindly trust).

It would probably be more helpful than calling us stupid, indirectly
(cf "Subject").