Am Dienstag, den 25.09.2007, 11:55 +0200 schrieb Simon Richter:
> Hi,
>
> Sebastian Dröge schrieb:
>
> > does somebody know about a solution to check whether one runs in a
> > buildd chroot or not? I need this to prevent hal from starting in buildd
> > chroots (via invoke-rc.d from postinst) as it breaks there because of
> > several reasons, including no /sys mounted.
>
> My chroots have /proc and /sys mounted, but I'd still be grateful if hal
> didn't start.
>
> Would it make sense to demote the dependency on the hal daemon to a
> Recommends (after all, the hal "client" library should deal with the
> daemon not running anyway)?

In one of the cases I found this won't be correct:

gnome-mount depends on hal as it doesn't work at all without hal.

libnautilus-burn should depend on gnome-mount as it can't do some stuff
if gnome-mount is not available. If this is a recommends only, people
that don't install recommends have a unusable library lying around.