Romain Beauxis schrieb:
> Well the real solution to solve this is to count the ratio of packages that
> provides sources as a bzip2 tarball with regard to gzip tarballs.

Why do you call it the *real* solution? What makes the solution better
over the one I suggested?

> If this is a vast majority, which is what I think, then its a depends. If
> this
> is like fifty-fifty, then a recommends, if this is a small minority, then a
> suggests...

Besides that it makes a lot of work and I don't know if you are true,
that is not constant. This value is likely to change and so would the
relation ship eventually need to change. Also it leaves the chance that
the user might install module-assistant w/o the need for bzip2, which is
a waste of everything (space, bandwith). I actually do see that this are
minor issues, but they *are* issues, while the solution I came up with
has no issues I am aware of or that anybody pointed out. It is also the
same solution that is already used in module-assistant for
build-essential, while this is a virtual package depending on several
others which makes it a bit different, though.

Regards,

Patrick