On Sun, Dec 23, 2007 at 07:35:12PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> Sorry, but I disagree with this interpretation. For me a Debian native
> package is a package which contains the official debian packaging stuff
> in the upstream tarball. Since I'm also upstream for gdome2-xslt and the
> software has been used historically always as a Debian package, to me
> that is a native Debian package.

Well, I am involved in upstream development of a couple of pacakges
which I also maintain for Debian.  Since I keep the debian/ directory in
the upstream VCS, does that make them native?  What about the upstream
where I am not involved in upsteam development, but which for every
Debian package release incorporates the official Debian packaging stuff
upsteam?  Is that package native?

One of the packages in whose upstream maintenance I participate has a
-doc package with a ~5MB .orig.tar.gz.  Are you suggesting that because
I keep the debian/ directory in the same VCS as upstream development
that I need to make a ~5MB upload everytime I make an upload to fix
something trivial?

I am not trying to be pedantic or sarcastic.  I really want to know
since if that is the case, then I am not maintaining my packages
properly.

Regards,

-Roberto

--