On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 03:43:38PM +0100, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
[...]
>   As a side note, those packages have spurious build-dependencies on
>   gnome1.x libraries (and have no corresponding runtime dependencies),
>   bugs will be filed soon:
[...]

Also, on a related note, while preparing glotski for upload, I noticed
that it was linking in unnecessary libraries by blindly passing the
output of `pkg-config libgnomeui-2.0 --libs` to the linker. The
resulting binary depended on a lot of libraries that it didn't actually
use. Adding '-Wl,--as-needed' to the link line got rid of the
unnecessary dependencies.

Just thought this tidbit might be helpful to people who want to clean up
spurious package dependencies.

Let's eat some disquits while we format the biskettes.