On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 05:23:45AM -0700, Karl Chen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to bring up the issue of removed packages.  I think
> it is problematic that sometimes packages get removed, with no
> automatic transition [a transitional package, or another package
> depending on a replacement package or conflicting with the old
> one], and no active notification to the user.

It's no active notification, but aptitude lists all installed packages
that aren't in any distribution included in sources.list under "Obsolete
and Locally Created Packages".  Verifying that this doesn't include any
packages that I expect there (like locally compiled kernel module
packages) is my way of checking for removed packages.

--
Andreas Bombe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    GPG key 0x04880A44