On 18/03/2008, Mattias Wadenstein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Mar 2008, Don Armstrong wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 18 Mar 2008, Anthony Towns wrote:
> >> I guess there's an inequality like:
> >>
> >>      images on mirrors <= images on torrents <= images via jigdo
> >
> > Is there any way we can construct the torrent image on the fly from
> > the jigdo file? [That is, transform the packages that make up bits
> > x<->y into what they'd be on the iso?]
> >
> > I don't know enough about the mkisofs process to say whether this is
> > possible, but it'd be very useful if it were.
>

> In theory yes, and this would be quite useful. The code for this needs to
> be written though.
>
> It would also be useful for me who runs the main cd torrent seeder in that
> I could just have an up-to-date debian archive and snapshot (minor rsync
> update), instead of syncing 300+ gigs of data before all the seeds are
> started up.
>

> /Mattias Wadenstein

Hey,
  I'm interested in this as a problem solving exercise. I'm a beginner in
the entire system, but curious.
  Torrents use md5 sums, chunks and a tracker to point at available portions
of the file.
  The similarities to jigdo are there, so surely it should be possible to
mash them together somehow.
  First question:
  What torrent tracker software does Debian use? BNBT? Rivettracker?

cheers,
Owen.