Manoj Srivastava <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>         Create a submission branch. There are two audiences for your
>  work; one is downstream (which includes the integration branch for
>  Debian), the other is upstream, one audience does not like rebases, the
>  other thrives on it. See
>   http://www.golden-gryphon.com/software/misc/packaging.html#sec-5.4
>  for details on this scheme.

Oh, huh.  Both rebase *and* merge.  I didn't even think of that.

That would work, although it does... well, not double, but at least
increase the work for any branch that also has a submission branch, since
any upstream merge conflicts have to be resolved on both branches.  Or is
there some way to reuse the resolution work done with one of those
branches when rebasing/merging the other?

--
Russ Allbery ([EMAIL PROTECTED])               <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>