On Tue, Sep 29 2009, Abou Al Montacir wrote:

> You can also try to make the world look like you want not adapt your
> eyes to see the world as is, no?

        We try to fix the world, yes. Systems integrations, and
 consistent policies, is what make Debian a superior OS.

> Please note that upstream could not adapt themselves to all distribution
> policies which may be contradictory, but a distribution could and
> probably should adapt itself to upstream.

        A distribution should not adapt itself to 10000 different
 upstreams with different polices, that would be a inconsistent madness,
 and would serve our end users ill. Part of what we do as Debian
 maintainers is to make software fit better with other bits of Debian,
 and this we do by creating and following a technical policy.

        manoj
--
We don't care how they do it in New York.
Manoj Srivastava <sriva...@debian.org> <http://www.debian.org/~srivasta/>