On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 07:15:52PM +0100, Toni Mueller wrote:
> On Mon, 08.02.2010 at 20:13:48 +0100, Marc Brockschmidt <h...@debian.org>
> wrote:
> > we wish to freeze only after the number of these bugs has dropped below
> > the mark of 300. As you can see on the usual overview pages [RC-Bugs],
> great decision, imho.

Well, it really depends *which* bug you consider, see for instance [1].

> > Work towards fixing these bugs is greatly appreciated. We will use our
> > release superpowers to aggressively remove leaf packages from testing
> > (in fact, another round of removals happened on the weekend).
> What's the current policy about NMUs, then?

That's a good question, but also not-a-problem.  Current *legacy*
guidelines (i.e. non-overridden by the Release Team) already allows you
to do very quick DELAYED/2 NMUs for RC bugs which have been outstanding
for a while [2]. I've been doing that for a while now, and IME it is
generally welcome by maintainers [3].

So, please, do not expect any further specific authorization from the
release team before feeling entitled to NMU, you can already go a long
way with legacy NMU rules.  You don't need anything more to start
squashing RC bugs today, really :-)

Cheers.

[1] http://blog.schmehl.info/Debian/releasing-squeeze-6
[2] http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/pkgs.html#nmu-guidelines