On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 10:32:21 +0000
Mark Brown <broo...@sirena.org.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 11:13:01AM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
>
> > The long tag description probably could be improved to make it clearer
> > that the intention isn't to be a cudgel.
>
> Unfortunately pretty much any lintian warning ends up being a cudgel if
> it's enabled by default since zero lintian warnings is such a common
> goal.

Russ has suggested the new tag becoming wishlist and once a tag is
wishlist, it won't show up for most people - only with lintian -I.

" ... I've changed the severity to wishlist instead,"

>From lintian (1) in sid:
 The default settings are equivalent to -L ">=important"
-L"+>=normal/possible" -L +minor/certain).

so "Severity: wishlist" won't appear unless you override those defaults
with -I or other options.

--

Neil Williams